cy8c4a45azi-483 adc

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
deda_294911
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

hi everybody.

on 16 aug. 2019 i put a question regarding adc_uab of analog coprocessor. i have build pcb. other everything works fine but adc is not giving any result. and message remains not compatible 4.2 also unable to get result with 4.1

please help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Deepak,

Did you use creator 4.2 to generate the project ? If you have tested it in PSoC analog co-processor, it is being discontinued and no longer supported in creator 4.2. See website. The older version of the silicon has an issue with ADC and has been resolved in the latest silicon. If you have older version of the silicon and you are using a custom board, kindly try to get the new version of the silicon where the issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Deepak,

One doubt regarding the code flow. Is the ADC_Start() API is called in the normal flow ? How is the variable mode updated? Kindly neglect the note message.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

VasanthR_91

ADC_Start()  is in main routine. ADC_StartConvert(); in for routine the same procedure was shown in cypress program. it doesnot work.

for(;;)

{   ADC_StartConvert();

ADC_IsEndConversion(ADC_WAIT_FOR_RESULT);

result = ADC_GetResult16();

//resultmV = ADC_CountsTo_mVolts(result,1200);

/* Place your application code here. */

}

i am not getting adc value as per mv input but 0xffd2 only

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Deepak,

Did you use creator 4.2 to generate the project ? If you have tested it in PSoC analog co-processor, it is being discontinued and no longer supported in creator 4.2. See website. The older version of the silicon has an issue with ADC and has been resolved in the latest silicon. If you have older version of the silicon and you are using a custom board, kindly try to get the new version of the silicon where the issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
ShHo_1410221
Level 3
Level 3
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

int main()
{ 

int c = 0;
// your other startup apis
   ADC_Start();
   ADC_StartConvert();

for(;;)
  {

// your other codes
while( ADC_IsEndConversion(ADC_RETURN_STATUS)){}
   c=ADC_GetResult16(0);

// your other codes 

}

}

I used this configuration for ADC

ADC Setting  

0 Likes

dear friend,

i am having problem with analog coprocessor. not with 4245

0 Likes

I am aware of that, 4245 and analog coprocessor are different chips. But, I have given you an ADC configuration that worked with 4245, just in case it might help !

0 Likes