capsense tuner for psoc 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I have taken the capsense csd tuning example for cy8ckit-149 devkit, i have connected the dev-kit to the tuner application by external miniprog4 programmer or debugger I2C communication.

In the sensor data I was getting  maximum peaks in the sensor data section in the graph view. the maximum count value im getting on the sensor plot section is 65535 which i think it is a false value, only for a couple of seconds im getting the proper raw count as 1750 like that(csd is configured as 11 bit resolution).

And also after few seconds the communication with the board in the tuner application like exception happened. can you please let me know how can I solve this .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Gopi 

Please make sure you are using the Tuner in Synchronized mode. 

Hari_0-1638805250891.png

For I2C tuner interface, this will ensure that the data is sampled at the right intervals only.  

It is also essential to make a sturdy connection between the MiniProg and the kit. Any loss of I2C packet or corruption of data will cause the Tuner to fail. 

Can you attach the application code that you are using or a minimal version where the issue is reproducible so that we can check if there are any issues?

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Hari

Hi @Gopi 

Please make sure you are using the Tuner in Synchronized mode. 

Hari_0-1638805250891.png

For I2C tuner interface, this will ensure that the data is sampled at the right intervals only.  

It is also essential to make a sturdy connection between the MiniProg and the kit. Any loss of I2C packet or corruption of data will cause the Tuner to fail. 

Can you attach the application code that you are using or a minimal version where the issue is reproducible so that we can check if there are any issues?

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi hari,

I'm using the basic example code what the cypress have provided in the modus toolbox ide for cy8ckit-149 dev kit.

and coming to the issue I'll try to share the screen shot of that issue what i'm facing.

0 Likes
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2

Gopi_0-1639038263563.png

This is how i'm geting the spikes read mode is in synchronized mode.

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @Gopi 

Can you let me know if there was any code change from the code example? I verified code example at my end and did not find any such spikes. Can you also check if the Tuner is working in Synchronized mode?

Hari_0-1639120971295.png

Please make sure that the Read mode is synchronized for this operation. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Gopi
Level 2
Level 2

No there is change in code example i just imported the example code and then just flashed it, and the tuner is running in synchronized mode.

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @Gopi 

Can you please share the .hex file that is generated after the build so that I can try the same in my kit and check? This is to eliminate any software bug being the cause of the issue. 

You can find the hex file in <project name>\build\CY8CKIT-149\Debug\<project name.hex>

Thanks, 
Hari

0 Likes