capsense to detect only finger touch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hey @Hari ,

I am using CYPRESS 4124AZI-S433 for a project. Please guide me to configure the capsense such that it will only detect touch of finger. Currently, I've developed a firmware of capsense which detects touch of any material which comes in contact of CapSense detection area.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Arpit_S
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hey @saurabh 

For finger detection what you can try is, Get the difference count value/ net increase in signal when you put your finger on top of the sensor, then use it for manual tunning. This way, you'd be able to detect finger touch. For more details refer to https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN85951_PSoC_4_and_PSoC_6_MCU_CapSense_Design_Guide-Applicati... 

When you say, CapSense is detecting touch of any material, Can you please tell me which material is this? 
what is the diff count when you put "material" on sensor and when you put your finger on top of the sensor?
Is it the case that you have tuned the sensor for very less diff count?

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Arpit_S
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hey @saurabh 

For finger detection what you can try is, Get the difference count value/ net increase in signal when you put your finger on top of the sensor, then use it for manual tunning. This way, you'd be able to detect finger touch. For more details refer to https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN85951_PSoC_4_and_PSoC_6_MCU_CapSense_Design_Guide-Applicati... 

When you say, CapSense is detecting touch of any material, Can you please tell me which material is this? 
what is the diff count when you put "material" on sensor and when you put your finger on top of the sensor?
Is it the case that you have tuned the sensor for very less diff count?

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes