bootloadable component mandatory for prototyping psoc 4?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
keup_753551
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just bought psoc 4 pCY8CKIT-049-42XX - PSOC 4200 Prototyping Kit. I could successfully programmed it using bootloader/bootloadable components. using Creator 4.2 IDE.

My question is that - is it compulsory to use the Bootloadable component everytime I create a new project? And, if I could program it without this component , can this prototype kit be programmed again with same process? or do I need KitProg3 type connector?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The default configuration of the USB-Serial device on the CY8CKIT-049-4xxx prototyping kit is USB-UART mode. Using the available USB-Serial interface, you can program a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx kit bootloadable project.

You can program a non-bootloadable project to CY8CKIT-049-4xxx using MiniProg3. Please refer to the section: 'Programming a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx Project Using MiniProg3' of CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit Guide.

Please program the UART_Bootloader.hex file using MiniProg3 interface to revert programming using bootloadable project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The kit you use requrres a bootloaer/bootloadable component to program it. I would recommend you to get a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4-M Prototyping kit that has got a snap-off KitProg part. This you could use to program AND TO DEBUG(!!) your -049-42xx kit without the need of a bootloader.

Bob

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

The default configuration of the USB-Serial device on the CY8CKIT-049-4xxx prototyping kit is USB-UART mode. Using the available USB-Serial interface, you can program a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx kit bootloadable project.

You can program a non-bootloadable project to CY8CKIT-049-4xxx using MiniProg3. Please refer to the section: 'Programming a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx Project Using MiniProg3' of CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit Guide.

Please program the UART_Bootloader.hex file using MiniProg3 interface to revert programming using bootloadable project.

0 Likes