bluetooth tethering with CY8CKIT-042 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if and how it is possible to get the CY8KIT-042 BLE kit acting as a Bluetooth tethering device? I would like to connect an Android device via Bluetooth to the kit and let the kit send all the data to an IP network. Sending data to and receiving data from the IP network is not an issue, but getting data out of the Android device is.

I have studied and tried the BLE_IPSP Node and BLE_IPSP_Router examples with PSocCreator 4.1, but the IPSP does not seem to be the right profile for this. When running the IPSP Router example on the kit, the Android device does not see the Bluetooth device. When running the Node example, it is visible for the Android device and it can connect to it, but no data is send from Android to Bluetooth.

So i wonder if i am looking in the right direction or not. It would be great if somebody could give me some directions.

Regards,

Johan

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

IPSP is the only option available for IP networks. But you are right, androids might not recogonizes. You will need to create a custom profile and a custom App for this mostly.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

IPSP is the only option available for IP networks. But you are right, androids might not recogonizes. You will need to create a custom profile and a custom App for this mostly.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima,
Thanks for the reply. Creating a custom app is not an option as we want Android to connect to this Bluetooth device without special apps and transfer all its IP traffic to/from this device. I have done more research since this post, and now i am looking into classic Bluetooth with the SPP/PAN profile. Please let me know if Cypress has any Bluetooth modules that support PAN.

Regards,

Johan

0 Likes

Kindly post this query on Cypress classic Bluetooth WICED forums.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes