about capsense gesture pad

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver, 

In the CY8CKIT-044 kit, there is a "Gesture capsense" pad.

I would like to know what's the special function of this "Gesture capsense" pad.

Because I feel it is very similar to the  "Slider capsense". 

I mean...

a "Slider capsense" 5 single capsense buttons are placed in a sequence line.

a  "Gesture capsense" : 5 single capsense buttons are placed in a circle.

so "Slider capsense" and "Gesture capsense" are the same. They just have different shape only.

Is above my thinking correct ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Tim_Shih,

A linear slider having 5 segments can have the following gestures supported: Click, One-finger scroll and One-finger flick.

The CapSense Gesture Pad uses 5 buttons placed as shown in Figure 4-10 and supports a wide range of gestures: Swipe clockwise, swipe counter-clockwise, swipe right, swipe left, swipe down, swipe up. More information on the same can be found in section 4.5 Touch Gestures of CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit Guide. Hence the gesture pad can support more gestures than a linear slider.

ncbs_0-1646571174714.png

Note: The Gesture Pad can also be used as five individual capacitive touch buttons. The Gesture Pad is not intended to be used as a radial slider.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Tim_Shih,

A linear slider having 5 segments can have the following gestures supported: Click, One-finger scroll and One-finger flick.

The CapSense Gesture Pad uses 5 buttons placed as shown in Figure 4-10 and supports a wide range of gestures: Swipe clockwise, swipe counter-clockwise, swipe right, swipe left, swipe down, swipe up. More information on the same can be found in section 4.5 Touch Gestures of CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit Guide. Hence the gesture pad can support more gestures than a linear slider.

ncbs_0-1646571174714.png

Note: The Gesture Pad can also be used as five individual capacitive touch buttons. The Gesture Pad is not intended to be used as a radial slider.

Regards,
Nikhil

Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

ok ok, thank you

0 Likes