about PSOC 4 bootloader and bootloadable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

When I create an  example bootloader and bootloadable project in "PSOC 4 Creator 4.4", I will get 2 projects at the same time.

They are 1). bootloader project and 2).bootloadable project.

I guess bootloader and bootloadable projects are a kind of pair projects. These 2 projects can't be separated.

Assume in some days...

I only got a 2). bootloadable project from other people, but I don't have his 1). bootloader project.

Could I make a new 1). bootloader project by myself to program his bootloadable project ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

The answer is YES.  I do this all the time.  You can use the same bootloader for any bootloadable project (for the same PSoC device).
All that's needed is to associate the bootloader with the bootloadable.  This is something you did when you built the example project.

In the bootloadable project, it will have a bootloadable component.  Right-click on this component.
select config...,
select Dependencies tab.
Now browse to the location of your bootloader.
Build/download the project (assuming you already have the bootloader programmed into the PSoC).  You don't need to re-build the bootloader.

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

The answer is YES.  I do this all the time.  You can use the same bootloader for any bootloadable project (for the same PSoC device).
All that's needed is to associate the bootloader with the bootloadable.  This is something you did when you built the example project.

In the bootloadable project, it will have a bootloadable component.  Right-click on this component.
select config...,
select Dependencies tab.
Now browse to the location of your bootloader.
Build/download the project (assuming you already have the bootloader programmed into the PSoC).  You don't need to re-build the bootloader.

Good luck with your project.