Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Agent3076
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Infineon makes it nearly impossible to find out what programmer/debugger is used to work with the PSOC4. What should I be using? Does Infinieon even make any tools? So far it seems like I need to buy 3rd party hardware.

Also, is it true that there is no phone access to PSoC 4 app engineers? If so, that's going to be a deal breaker for my company.

0 Likes
1 Solution
nin
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @Agent3076 ,

Infineon has its own programmer and debugger called "MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit". You need not go to 3rd party hardware for programming/debugging the PSoC™4.

The MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit is an all-in-one development programmer and debugger for PSoC™ 4, PSoC™ 5LP, and PSoC™ 6 MCU devices. You can use MiniProg4 as a programmer or debug probe for supported devices and development kits of Infineon.

Please refer to the above quick link or quick start guide.

MiniProg4 uses the industry standard CMSIS-DAP interface over the Serial Wire Debug (SWD) protocol. It also provides USB-I2C, USB-SPI and USB-UART bridging functionality. MiniProg4 bridging capabilities are used by various Infineon tools like CAPSENSE™ Tuner and the Device Firmware Upgrade Tool, delivered with ModusToolbox™ IDE. MiniProg4 supports PSoC™ Creator, PSoC™ Programmer etc.

Best regards,

Nin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I think that MiniProg4 is ususally used.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/cy8ckit-005/

moto

nin
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted First like given

Hi @Agent3076 ,

Infineon has its own programmer and debugger called "MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit". You need not go to 3rd party hardware for programming/debugging the PSoC™4.

The MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit is an all-in-one development programmer and debugger for PSoC™ 4, PSoC™ 5LP, and PSoC™ 6 MCU devices. You can use MiniProg4 as a programmer or debug probe for supported devices and development kits of Infineon.

Please refer to the above quick link or quick start guide.

MiniProg4 uses the industry standard CMSIS-DAP interface over the Serial Wire Debug (SWD) protocol. It also provides USB-I2C, USB-SPI and USB-UART bridging functionality. MiniProg4 bridging capabilities are used by various Infineon tools like CAPSENSE™ Tuner and the Device Firmware Upgrade Tool, delivered with ModusToolbox™ IDE. MiniProg4 supports PSoC™ Creator, PSoC™ Programmer etc.

Best regards,

Nin

0 Likes
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi Agent3076,

since Infineon's PSoC4 implements ARM's standard CMSIS-DAP interface it may well be that you already have compatible tools for programming and debugging in your company.

Popular third party tools are

• SEGGER's J-Link and J-Flash
  • IAR System's debugger I-Jet debug probe
  • Lauterbach's TRACE32 line of products

and others that Infineon lists on https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-psoc-arm-cortex-microcontroller/psoc-....

Regarding design support please ask your trusted distributor. If your company should be a direct customer then please address your sales contact in Infineon.

BR

JJack

Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

@Agent3076 ,

To add to the discussion about programmers/debuggers:   If you already have purchased an Infineon evaluation board,  you have a programmer/debugger on this board.   It can be used in place of the MiniProg4.

Do you have an Infineon evaluation board?  If so, which type?

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."