What is the difference Capsense CSD and Capsense Component?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kain_4812361
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello.
If you have any questions during the PSOC4 Study!
Among components, I would like to know the difference between CapSense component and CapSense CDS component.

I checked each document, but it was confirmed that the usage method is similar and the usage environment is similar.
I looked up on the question board, but I can't find a clear answer.

I would like to know more about the differences between each.
Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello kain_4812361

The CapSense component is an updated version of the CapSense CSD component that includes several bug fixes and new features. This was renamed and sent as a new component as it is not backwards compatible with the CSD component. It is recommended to use the CapSense P4 (or just CapSense component without CSD in the name) for all new designs.

Best regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hari

Hello kain_4812361

The CapSense component is an updated version of the CapSense CSD component that includes several bug fixes and new features. This was renamed and sent as a new component as it is not backwards compatible with the CSD component. It is recommended to use the CapSense P4 (or just CapSense component without CSD in the name) for all new designs.

Best regards,
Hari

Thanks your answer!

As an additional question, I confirmed that

1. CapSense and Capsense_CSD and the supported Sense types are the same, but can you see what has been added?

( I checked the documentation of Capsense and Capsense_CSD Component, but I didn't notice a big difference...)

2. Is the One or Two fingure function supported by CapSense not supported by CapSense CSD?

Thanks you!!

0 Likes
Hari

Hi kain_4812361

Some additions include the introduction of CSX (mutual cap) sensing mode and optimizations for good performance, several BIST features addition, subtle optimizations in sensor scanning, better CapSense Tuner that allows the tuner to be run alongside the application (non-blocking tuner) etc.

Two fingers are supported in CapSense CSD only for certain parts that allow gesture detection (for touchpad). Note that for touchpad, it is recommended to use CSX instead of CSD as CSD suffers from Ghost touch effect. For more details, please see the note on ghost effect in CapSense design guide.

Best regards,
Hari

0 Likes