What happens on chip side when "To Device" button is pressed on PSoC Tuner Tool?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrCa_3492801
Level 1
Level 1

I am using PSoC creator with CY8C4025LQI-S411 and two self capacitance buttons.

So, for tuning parameters process, there is one option in the PSoC tuner tool for applying new parameters "To Device" that way functionality can be tested with the adjustment. 

I'm trying to figure out is the chain of function calls that are performed in the micro side firmware to write the new parameter value coming from PSoC Tuner when "To Device" button is pressed.

Does anyone have a clue on what functions are called in the micro firmware?

Due to some restrictions, I'm looking for a way to tune that micro over UART, so, knowing the APIs/functions used I could probably replicate and set them up so that way when we get a UART tuning message I can do the same process.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi.

As of now, it is not possible to tune the CapSense component using the CapSense Tuner over UART as communication is only one way.

You can, however, write firmware to change the parameters using the CapSense_GetParam and CapSense_SetParam APIs. Please refer to the datasheet of the CapSense component for details on how to use these APIs.

Please do let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi.

As of now, it is not possible to tune the CapSense component using the CapSense Tuner over UART as communication is only one way.

You can, however, write firmware to change the parameters using the CapSense_GetParam and CapSense_SetParam APIs. Please refer to the datasheet of the CapSense component for details on how to use these APIs.

Please do let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks and regards

Harigovind

0 Likes