Wakeup pin on Cy8C4248LQI-BL573 or BL583 different than Cy8C4246AZI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KimS_967071
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I am upgrading a design from using the Cy8C4246AZI to the Cy8C4248LQI-BL573 or BL583.  In my Cy8C4246 design I have an IR receiver module connected to the wakeup pin P0.7.  Internally this pin is configured as an interrupt (IR_Input) and connected to the capture input of a Timer Counter.  The interrupt is derived.

KiSm_967071_0-1638218661555.png

KiSm_967071_3-1638219077767.png

During normal operation, when I receive an interrupt on this pin I start the timer to measure the pulses so that I can decode the IR signal received.  I also have a storage mode for this device where I use Hibernate and the IR signal is used to wakeup from Hibernate.  I maintained the same external hardware but now I am using the Cy8C4248LQI-BL573 and want to also be able to use the -BL583.  I connected the IR input to the wakeup pin P2.2 but I am not able to compile.  I receive routing errors and if I delete the connection from the pin to the Timer Counter capture input it will compile without errors.

KiSm_967071_2-1638218839760.png

I can't attach my project as it is because it is code for my customer.  I am using PSoC Creator 4.3 with PDL 3.1.1.  Both devices are from the PSoC 4 family so why does it work on the 4200M devices and not on the BLE devices?

I do not have BLE active yet.  I am just getting the existing project running and will incorporate BLE later.  We are upgrading the hardware first because we couldn't buy the Cy8C4246.

thanks,

KIm

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @KimS_967071,

This is a known issue please refer to the 'PSoC® Creator™ Analog Router: PSoC 4 BLE Design with Multi-Channel Sequencing SAR ADC (ADC_SAR_SEQ_P...' for more information.

Please, let us know if further clarification is required.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @KimS_967071 ,

I tried to recreate the issue on my side with limited information but I didn’t get any build error. The project was created successfully. The information given by you is not sufficient enough to give a proper resolution. I suggest you create a second project with minimum components and try to build the project and check if it is getting build successfully. If not you can share your other project having no confidential details with me.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Raj,

Very interesting!  My original board had the Cy8C4246. So, I just copied my project and changed the device to the Cy8C4248LQI-BL583 because I tested the code on the dev board first.  Then I copied that project and changed the device to the Cy8C4248-BL573 because we used that device when I modified the board.  I just created a new project and configured the timer, interrupts, and input pin using P2.2 and was able to compile the project.  So, I guess there is some weirdness left in the project from copying and changing the device instead of starting a new project.  I've done this many times without issues!

thanks for your help!

Kim

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Raj,

I added the rest of my components to the project above and was initially able to compile.  But after I assigned my desired pinout I get the routing error above.  If I move IR_input to P2.0 it will compile.  I attached the project with no code.  So, it seems to be related to the functions I am using and the pinout.  

thanks,

Kim

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Raj, @Raj_C 

I started with the IRtest project again and this time added each component and assigned it's pin (if it had one) and compiled each time.  This time when I got to the ADC with the 2 pins I got the P2.2 routing error.  I moved the Daylight to P3.5 and Vsense to P3.6 the project would compile.  Next, I put Vsense back on P3.0 and left Daylight on P3.5 and was able to compile.  Then I moved Daylight to every other pin on P3 and was able to compile except when using P3.2.  I tried putting Daylight on P3.2 and moving Vsense to any other pin but I can't compile.  So, the issue seems to be Daylight on P3.2 and IR on P2.2.

Finally, I copied the IR test project (attached) again and just added the ADC to make sure the conflict is just between the ADC Daylight pin and the IR pin.  The error occurred when Vsense is on P3.0 and Daylight is on P3.2 but if I move Daylight to any other pin I can compile.

thanks,

Kim

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @KimS_967071,

This is a known issue please refer to the 'PSoC® Creator™ Analog Router: PSoC 4 BLE Design with Multi-Channel Sequencing SAR ADC (ADC_SAR_SEQ_P...' for more information.

Please, let us know if further clarification is required.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes