Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
colin_f
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi, I am wondering if I can use the Miniprog4 (CY8CKIT-005) to update the SFlash on the PSoC4 BLE mcu (CYBLE-014008-00).  We currently use Miniprog3 but there are some issues with this and would like to try Miniprog4 to see if it is better for us.

We currently use PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update.exe but only mentions minprog3 and I can't find any docs any where regarding its use with Miniprog4.

Don't want to shell out £90 to find it doesn't work.  Any help / advice / pointers appreciated.

cheers, Colin

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @colin_f

We do not have official support for MiniProg4 in the SFlash Update tool. I modified the Visual Studio project that is shared to add the MiniProg4 device. I tried it out and I was able to connect to MiniProg4. You could also modify the project to search for MiniProg4 instead of MiniProg3. Mainly you will have to modify the Form1.cs file as shown - 

Rakshith_0-1630669563247.png

I have attached the exe for your reference. Please note that this is not an official update and has not been extensively tested.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @colin_f

We do not have official support for MiniProg4 in the SFlash Update tool. I modified the Visual Studio project that is shared to add the MiniProg4 device. I tried it out and I was able to connect to MiniProg4. You could also modify the project to search for MiniProg4 instead of MiniProg3. Mainly you will have to modify the Form1.cs file as shown - 

Rakshith_0-1630669563247.png

I have attached the exe for your reference. Please note that this is not an official update and has not been extensively tested.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

thank you @Rakshith .  Your effort is much appreciated.  You have answered the original question, in that Minprog4 appears not to be officially supported for the 'SFlash Update tool'. 

However, it is great that the source is provided so we can play ourselves.  I don't have a Miniprog4 yet to play with, but I have successfully replaced the Miniprog3 with the KitProg provided with the CY8CKIT-043 PSoC® 4 M-Series Prototyping Kit.  It does everything except update the SFlash, so I may have a go to see if the 'SFlash Update tool' can be changed to work with that.

Thanks again, Colin

0 Likes