Using BLE pa_en on CYBLE_214015 module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
PeSw_2288441
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to used the BLE pa_en functionality on a CYBLE_214015 module to trigger an interrupt.

Is there anyway to achieve this? (See attached project for my attempt)

Regards

Pete

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Pete,

The pin P5[0] is not connected for CYBLE214015 module so it is not possible to use pa_en. Please see page no.14 in the BLE component datasheet where it was mentioned that the power amplifier enable (pa_en) output allows you to connect a high active external power amplifier to the device. This output can be routed to the P5[0] digital output pin only.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Pete,

The module CYBLE214015 don't have an integrated Power Amplifier/Low Noise Amplifier to allow for extended communication.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi P

Thanks for responding

I realize the CYBLE214015 doesn't have a PA/LNA or an external connection to P5[0].

As mentioned in the post I don't want to use the pa_en output to drive an external device, I wish to trigger an interrupt from it.

As the attach project shows Ive attempted to connect the pa_en to a pin component to get the interrupt. This doesn't build due to the CYBLE214015 not having the required P5[0] defined, which is the only pin the fitter will assign to pa_en.

However, the schematic for CYBLE214015 shows the PSoC used (CY8C4248FNI-BL593) does have a P5[0], its just not connected to anything. Therefore, it would seem, the restriction to getting this project to build is just the lack of P5[0] being defined/enabled somewhere in the firmware.

Is there some way to add/enable P5[0] to the CYBLE214015 definition?

An alternative option would be to connect pa_en to an internal component, which can generate an interrupt, that the fitter will not attempt to assign to P5[0], ie not a pin. So far I haven't found anything that is compatible with the pa_en output and can get past the fitters requirement to connect pa_en to P5[0].

Regards

Pete

CYBLE214015 Schematic.png

0 Likes

Hello Pete,

The pin P5[0] is not connected for CYBLE214015 module so it is not possible to use pa_en. Please see page no.14 in the BLE component datasheet where it was mentioned that the power amplifier enable (pa_en) output allows you to connect a high active external power amplifier to the device. This output can be routed to the P5[0] digital output pin only.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes