Announcements

Equip yourself to optimize PSoc4 MCUs for Evs at the EV Webinar. Click here to register.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

sreese
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Does anyone know if there is planned development for the PSoC4 CY8C4A Analog Coprocessor? Is it safe to assume that it will continue to be supported for the coming years? The CY8CKIT-048 development board for this chip is getting hard to find and is labeled as "End of Life", so I'm getting a little worried that starting a new project with this chip could be risky. If we could get assurance that this chip will continue to be supported for the coming years, it would really help.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_JC
250 replies posted First question asked 100 solutions authored

Hi @sreese,

Thanks for your patience.

I can say that the PSoC4 CY8C4A Analog Coprocessors are going to be supported for the upcoming years. This product will be available for quite some time.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Raj_JC

Hi @sreese,

Thanks for your patience.

I can say that the PSoC4 CY8C4A Analog Coprocessors are going to be supported for the upcoming years. This product will be available for quite some time.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
sreese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raj, thanks for the assurance! If this is the case, do you know why the development kit is entering end of life? Is a new development kit going to be available? Thanks.

0 Likes
Raj_JC

Hi @sreese,

Can you please point out the reference for the above concern? So, I can verify it.

Thank you

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
sreese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raj, if you go to Mouser to buy a development kit, CY8CKIT-048, you will see very low stock and "end of life" listed in the lifecycle. Attached is a screenshot from Mouser. Digikey lists this same part as obsolete. Thanks.sreese_0-1644602627131.png

0 Likes
Raj_JC

Hi @sreese,

The CY8CKIT-048 is indeed obsolete now. There are no plans for now to support it. It can be offered to market again but no concrete plan.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes