Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked
Hi Community, I've been wondering about having unique Identifier for my every Cypress MCU since I have a Touch Switch as my Product. It'll be helpful for me if i get to know something more about it. I'm using PSoC Creator 4.4 officially for my every Application development. Thanks and Regards, Pankaj
0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

You can refer to KBA229815.  This is the silicon unique ID. 
Silicon Unique ID of PSoC Device – KBA229815 - Infineon Developer Community

Don't confuse the "silicon unique ID" with the unfortunately named parameter "silicon ID".  "silicon ID" is a different identifier and is quite common within a family of PSoC's.
Silicon ID Mismatch while Programming PSoC® Device... - Infineon Developer Community

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
jvavra_UICO
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Do you mean to differentiate between different Infineon MCUs? Or do you mean to tell an Infineon MCU from an MCU from another manufacturer? Are you using USB? How would you like to identify it? Within a Windows environment? Or are you using the Infineon toolchain?

0 Likes
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Yes I meat to differentiate between different Infineon MCUs. Is it possible? Just like all wifi has mac address kind of unique, so to differentiate between all the Infineon MCUs Do we have an option???

0 Likes

All chips with the same part number have a common Silicon ID. You can find this discussed in the technical reference manual (TRM) in the section on system calls. The listing for each part number is in the device selector in PSoC Creator. The unique ID for each individual chip is discussed in code example CE215674.

---- Dennis Seguine, Lead principal engineer, PSoC Applications

0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

You can refer to KBA229815.  This is the silicon unique ID. 
Silicon Unique ID of PSoC Device – KBA229815 - Infineon Developer Community

Don't confuse the "silicon unique ID" with the unfortunately named parameter "silicon ID".  "silicon ID" is a different identifier and is quite common within a family of PSoC's.
Silicon ID Mismatch while Programming PSoC® Device... - Infineon Developer Community

0 Likes

Hi @BiBi_1928986 , Thank you for the solution and yes I've got the API too and using it for extracting the UID for each Cypress MCU. Thanks a lot again for helping me out. I'm marking this as Solution.

0 Likes