UCOS-III on cy8ckit-042

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsOr_4792896
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask if anybody tried to use UCOS-III on cy8ckit-042.

Yes there is template and example of UCOS-II and III for psoc 4 family but I could not figure it out for my board, which is with CY8C4245AXI-483.(32KB flash and 4KB sram)

Is it possible to use UCOS-III on this board?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

uCOS-III doesn't seem to have been maintained. I see the last update to be in 2015 on a older PSoC Creator version 3.0. The latest version is 4.4 and there are high chances that it may not work directly.

The question on if uCOS-III can be used on your PSoC4 device is something that depends on how much the scheduler and each of the task creation takes up. I didn't find any documentation in their website, so I cannot say for sure, but I think it should be possible. Other OSes like FreeRTOS take up to 10k for the kernel, around 300 bytes for the scheduler and ~64 bytes for task creation (plus bytes specified for task size) etc. You can get more details here. So you can get RTOSes to work with this device.

You can check if this kind of breakup of memory requirement is available with uCOS-III. Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

The μC/OS kernels allow for unlimited tasks and kernel objects. The kernels' memory footprint can be scaled down to contain only the features required for your application, typically 6–24 KBytes of code space and 1 KByte of data space.

So, you can use the μCOS-III on CY8C4245AXI-483 device family.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

uCOS-III doesn't seem to have been maintained. I see the last update to be in 2015 on a older PSoC Creator version 3.0. The latest version is 4.4 and there are high chances that it may not work directly.

The question on if uCOS-III can be used on your PSoC4 device is something that depends on how much the scheduler and each of the task creation takes up. I didn't find any documentation in their website, so I cannot say for sure, but I think it should be possible. Other OSes like FreeRTOS take up to 10k for the kernel, around 300 bytes for the scheduler and ~64 bytes for task creation (plus bytes specified for task size) etc. You can get more details here. So you can get RTOSes to work with this device.

You can check if this kind of breakup of memory requirement is available with uCOS-III. Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes