There was an error running port acquire CMSIS-DAP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gökhan
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like given

hi everyone, i using PSoC Creator 4.4 and for programming CY8CKIT-042 programmer kit. I had take an error in programming phase at recently. 

ınfıneon.PNG

we work on external microprocessor and someone maybe touch a swicth, i don't know.

what can i do for solution. i try to upgrade kitprog version, because i see kitprog linkage when i press port acquire button.But now view CMSIS-DAP.İ can't firmware upgrade of kitprog.

Somebody help me please.i wish you  good work

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

I had made the assumption that you prepared KIT-042 to use its Kitprog to program an external PSoC.  The preparation requires removing resistors R32,R33,R34.  If these are not removed, then KIT-042 PSoC 4245 will block SWD signals and try to respond to programming.

Looking at KIT-042 pcb layout, these 3 resistors are located very near where the wires are solder to the pcb.  In fact, under the 3 wires.

If you carefully move the three wires out of the way, can you see if the 3 resistors have been removed?

Another way to tell if the resistors are still populated on pcb is, if you disconnect round connector from external target, try to program KIT-042 4245 PSoC.  If this is successful, then the resistors are still populated on pcb.

When you say  " i connected the devices with my friend's kitprog 042 , i don't see any problem." does this mean you were able to program target PSoC with your friends KIT-042 Kitprog?  If yes, can you verify if the 3 resistors were removed from KIT-042 pcb.

edit:
Have a look at his thread:
Solved: Re: CY8C4014SXI-420 only able to succesfully progr... - Infineon Developer Community
It's a different external PSoC target from your target, but still uses KIT-042 Kitprog to program external PSoC target.  The user had to remove R32, R33, while leaving R34 (XRES resistor) in place.  This is okay to do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Press and hold the Reset button (SW1) for 5 seconds to exit CMSIS-DAP (Mass Storage mode).
NOTE: Only PSoC4 Families are supported in this version.

gökhan
Level 1
Level 1

firstly ,thanks for answer

now, this mode changed as kitprog but my problem was not solved. i can not programming still. bottom picture say that maybe i use another application on this device . but any app does not work

111.PNG

0 Likes
LinglingG_46

Open PSoC Programmer, click " utilities", update "firmware".

LinglingG_46_0-1672047156139.png

LinglingG_46_1-1672047285700.png

Then please check if it can be programmed successfully.

0 Likes
gökhan
Level 1
Level 1

i did all of you say , but did not work. Unfortunally bottom error tap coming still.

error.PNG

But i upgraded Kitprog from PSoC Prpgrammer. 

I checked that probable disconnect(USB connection or SWD linkage), but all of them is normally

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LinglingG_46

More details, please check the attached document section "Kit Operation".

Depending on the document, step up one by one to Troubleshooting.

0 Likes
gökhan
Level 1
Level 1

i check out many directive but programmer does not work. once try to connect with Creator and  i see that;

gkhan_0-1673269520600.png

then i worked on PSoC programmer and updating from utility settings but i found same error still;

stage_1

gkhan_1-1673269763381.png

stage_2

gkhan_2-1673269789515.pnggkhan_3-1673269832039.png

stage_3

gkhan_4-1673269862514.png

i use 5 pins for programming, so these pick on 10 pins. I can't change pin number and internal power must be 5 Volt and jumper choosen by 5 volt that is not false, but programmer choose 3.3 V. There has many unexpecting choosing . İ think main problems these.

0 Likes

Hello.

Something to try...

Un-check Auto Detect and select the correct Device Family and Device, from the drop down windows.  At present, it is showing 4147.  Should show 4248.

As for the 3.3V vs 5V, you've set the voltage in the Design Wide Resources to 3.3V.  Change it to 5V if that's what you desire to use.

Can you upload a photo of Kit-042 board without the BLE module installed.

Also, are you trying to program the PSoC on BLE module, or are you trying to program a custom pcb containing a PSoC?  This is not clear to us.

selected CY8C4127AXI-S443, CY8C4245AXI-M445 devices for my apps  because i using these, so these devices  are external Cypress PCB. i need 5 V supply but , i can't change it in PSoC Programmer. Actually has writen 5 V in code.

c5b59f37-795c-4c2d-99a0-b2b9d954a963.jpg

 green and yellow leds stabil , blue led blinked

all connections of board used programming only 

0 Likes

Hello.

Thankyou for uploading a photo of your setup.  I immediately see the problem.

SWD signals from Kitprog are not very strong.  The wires can not be longer than 10cm in total length between Kitprog PSoc 5LP and target PSoC.

You should shorten the SWD wires to be less than 10cm in length.

Also, I can see 4 colored wires in gray cable.  Is there a 5th wire that I can't see in photo?

And, check the order of the SWD signal wires going between Kitprog and target.

0 Likes

thank you for spend your time for me.

color of 5th wire is black, maybe you can not see because of that. I checked all cables with ohmmeter between Kitprog and target PCB , there is not problem.

But there is i don't understand a case. This circuit was work a few days ago on many devices!

Also, i will try to decrease length of wire. I have shorten this;

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-10 at 15.53.19.jpeg

But it shown still;

gkhan_0-1673355564656.png

and close the programmer and try from creator

gkhan_1-1673355629129.png

0 Likes

Hello.

Thank you for the new photo.  I see the black wire now.

Since the Kitprog was able to program a target PSoC previously, it's possible the Kitprog SWD interface is damaged.

To test Kitprog SWD interface, you'll need to remove the 3 SWD wires and re-install resistors R32, R33, R34.  This re-connects the PSoC 4245 on pcb to Kitprog SWD signals.  Now, try to download to 4245.  If this is not successful, either Kitprog is damaged, or the 4245 is damaged.  If this is successful, then you have a wiring issue to round connector at target PSoC or, the target is PSoC (at the end of round connector) is damaged.

You might also check the solder connections in the round connector (with blue colored cap) heading to the target.

Hi , "To test Kitprog SWD interface, you'll need to remove the 3 SWD wires and re-install resistors R32, R33, R34" is that means i have to remove these resistors and install another resistors here again. İf it is not as i understand what can i , sorry i don't understand completly

Also, "then you have a wiring issue to round connector at target PSoC or, the target is PSoC (at the end of round connector) is damaged" i connected the devices with my friend's kitprog 042 , i don't see any problem.

0 Likes

Hello.

I had made the assumption that you prepared KIT-042 to use its Kitprog to program an external PSoC.  The preparation requires removing resistors R32,R33,R34.  If these are not removed, then KIT-042 PSoC 4245 will block SWD signals and try to respond to programming.

Looking at KIT-042 pcb layout, these 3 resistors are located very near where the wires are solder to the pcb.  In fact, under the 3 wires.

If you carefully move the three wires out of the way, can you see if the 3 resistors have been removed?

Another way to tell if the resistors are still populated on pcb is, if you disconnect round connector from external target, try to program KIT-042 4245 PSoC.  If this is successful, then the resistors are still populated on pcb.

When you say  " i connected the devices with my friend's kitprog 042 , i don't see any problem." does this mean you were able to program target PSoC with your friends KIT-042 Kitprog?  If yes, can you verify if the 3 resistors were removed from KIT-042 pcb.

edit:
Have a look at his thread:
Solved: Re: CY8C4014SXI-420 only able to succesfully progr... - Infineon Developer Community
It's a different external PSoC target from your target, but still uses KIT-042 Kitprog to program external PSoC target.  The user had to remove R32, R33, while leaving R34 (XRES resistor) in place.  This is okay to do.

0 Likes