Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoIs_1298666
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hello,

I am trying a Driven-Shield with a handmade sensor with CSD.

YoIs_1298666_0-1617169722864.png

The touch to the adjacent sensor affects the Signal value, and the Baseline gradually follows.

Since the Noise threshold is not exceeded, the Baseline will gradually follow.

YoIs_1298666_1-1617170539809.png

1. Is increasing the distance between the sensors the only solution to solve this problem?

2. Can it be solved by enabling some filter?

Best regards,

Yocchi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Yocchi san, 

Yes, here increasing the space between the sensors is the only way. You can also try providing the shield between the two sensors (if this is not already done) so that it provides isolation between the sensors. 

I also see that you are getting very large SNR, so you can also try to reduce the resolution of the sensors so that you are closer to 5:1 SNR so that the increase in the adjacent sensor's signal is smaller. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Yocchi san, 

Yes, here increasing the space between the sensors is the only way. You can also try providing the shield between the two sensors (if this is not already done) so that it provides isolation between the sensors. 

I also see that you are getting very large SNR, so you can also try to reduce the resolution of the sensors so that you are closer to 5:1 SNR so that the increase in the adjacent sensor's signal is smaller. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes