TM1637 Interfacing with Bluetooth Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can anyone help me with using a bidirectional Pin both as Input and Output. I am trying to use the I2C (Method : Bit Banging) to create an interface between CY8CKIT-042-BLE and TM1637 module, since there is no availability of the device address for TM1637 Module. I have attached my program here in this post.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pick the "Digital Bidirectional Pin", and then set it to open drain when you want to read from the pin, and pull it low when you want to write a zero (I'm assuming since you are doing I2C that the wire is normally pulled high). Iirc, writing a 0/1 to the pin will switch between open drain and drive low.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pick the "Digital Bidirectional Pin", and then set it to open drain when you want to read from the pin, and pull it low when you want to write a zero (I'm assuming since you are doing I2C that the wire is normally pulled high). Iirc, writing a 0/1 to the pin will switch between open drain and drive low.

0 Likes

Does this mean that when the pin is in this drive mode and when you use PIN_Write(1), the pin goes low, and high when you use PIN_Write(0)? The concept of the drive mode is very confusing to me and I cannot seem to get any knowledge from the datasheet for the pins.

I am also trying to use the TM1637 with PSoC 4 and have had no success. If you could clarify this for me, it would help a lot.

Thanks,

Julian

0 Likes