Storing application data in PSoC-4-BLE flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaPi_1514011
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

The PSoC-4-BLE device doesn't appear to have an EEPROM.  I've found a couple of interesting functions/guides:

CyBle_StoreAppData

and

User_Sflash_Write example.

However I'm missing some information.  E.g. is there a map of the SFlash area or is this dedicated to end-user?

I ask this because there saving bonding data appears to use CyBle_StoreStackData, but I have no idea where in Flash/SFlash that is storing data.

Any hints?

Thanks Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is a system flash area that can be accessed separately from "normal" flash. Apart from the area used by BLE to save information there is a user area accessible. An example is shown here.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is a system flash area that can be accessed separately from "normal" flash. Apart from the area used by BLE to save information there is a user area accessible. An example is shown here.

Bob

0 Likes
        Hi Bob, That was the example I had found. So the Ble stack saves it's data elsewhere? Is it in another section of the supervisory flash? What is the purpose of CyBle_StoreAppData and how does a user read that data? Cannot find any detail on that. There is no corresponding LoadAppData Thanks for the wisdom, Dave   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The project I pointed you to does not use a CyBle_StoreAppData(). That function writes into program flash memory at the given address. No need for an API to read back, just use the address. Care for the clock changes as shown in BLE manual.

Download the project from above and check the write functionality and documentation.

Bob

DaPi_1514011
Level 3
Level 3
First like received
        Got it. I saw the IMO 48Mhz issue with that. Will use supervisor section. Thanks.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I am new to Psoc 4 . I am using CYBLE-012011-00 . I want to know the base address of supervisory flash (SFlash) . how can i know that ,Please advice

0 Likes