Solar-powered sensor beacon continuously advertise at 100ms?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mamac_4245766
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a CYALKIT-E02 with the solar powered beacon. I am attempting to use this beacon for another application, however, I need it to advertise continuosly and at a rapid rate (<= 250 msec). I have messed around with the project that comes with the IDE but am unable to get this to consistently transmit. Is this a function of it being solar-powered, and not having enough power to transmit continuously? Is there any way around this, other than bypassing with a battery, or a custom design?

Thank you,

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Mark,

As you already know that this kit is solar powered and the BLE devices gets power through PMIC which basically supports two modes as described at page # 9 of CYALKIT-E02 User guide (https://www.cypress.com/file/280601/download ) -

1) Demo mode, transmitting sensor data at 3- to 60-second intervals (without charging to a supercapacitor)

2) Timer mode, transmitting sensor data at 5-minute intervals while charging to the supercapacitor

So, using the solar power , it will be difficult to advertise at 100ms. You can also have a look down to the user guide for charging ,discharging profile of PMIC.

-Gyan 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Mark,

As you already know that this kit is solar powered and the BLE devices gets power through PMIC which basically supports two modes as described at page # 9 of CYALKIT-E02 User guide (https://www.cypress.com/file/280601/download ) -

1) Demo mode, transmitting sensor data at 3- to 60-second intervals (without charging to a supercapacitor)

2) Timer mode, transmitting sensor data at 5-minute intervals while charging to the supercapacitor

So, using the solar power , it will be difficult to advertise at 100ms. You can also have a look down to the user guide for charging ,discharging profile of PMIC.

-Gyan