Signal Connections on MiniProg3 interface: Is anything connected to Pin 6 and 8 inside programmer?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeSy_1305731
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I use a KitProg2 and KitProg3 programmers to program BLE modules, and that BLE capsense mouse:   The programming hardware connector on the end device (mouse or BLE module has this connection)

pastedImage_0.png

My Question is:   Is there any signals connected to pin 6 and pin 8 inside the programmer?   I want to tie my Debug UART_RX and UART_TX back to these pins on my end application hardware so I have a one connector interface (my target hardware is potted for industrial use so I only want one connector)   I can not find any documentation on the MiniProg3 at the hardware circuit level.   just user manuals on how to configure an use the programmer.   I dont want to sizzle the programmer or sizzle my end hardware if I tied the uart back to pin6 and pin8.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are going to use the SWD debugging with the Miniprog3, then you won't be able to use pin 6 for the UART. If you don't care about SWD debugging, then you can probably get away with using the pins 6 and 8 for the UART output/input.

I've been able to run/test my own miniprog3 debugging using only the 5-pin assignment for SWD, so you you won't need the SWV pin unless you want the extra debug functionality and decide to use the 10-pin connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies