Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ddurant
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

In debug mode, serial communication can run normally. But in release mode, it seems that serial communication can't run, I can't receive anything from uart. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @ddurant 

Can you please mention which exact PSOC 4 device you are using?

Since you had not mentioned the device, I tried programming CY8CKIT-046 (CY8C4248BZI-L489) with the PSOC 4 SCB UART project in the release mode. And I was able to get the UART to work in release mode. I am also attaching the application for your reference.

Ekta_0-1705569125021.png

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
ddurant
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

thank you!My device is cy8c6347. In the release mode, I can send message to uart , such as  I can use Cy_SCB_UART_PutString() to send word to uart, but when I want to receive data from uart,  it dosen't work. In the dubug mode, all this perform normally.

0 Likes

Do you have this issue when release mode settings in Project->Build settings->Compiler->Optimization->Link Time Optimization == True?

Can you check if this issue persist with Link Time Optimization == False.

0 Likes

Yes, the problem does happen when Link Time Optimization == False.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @ddurant 

I initially thought you are using PSoC 4 as the thread was created in PSoC 4 community space. 
Can you try using the attached code example in release mode and see if this works for you? This code example has code for receiving input from the terminal.

In any case, I would suggest you attach your project which I can use for recreating the issue at my end.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes