Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Pham_Hung
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 likes given 25 sign-ins

Hello community, I'm posting about a project with SMBus slave used in Psoc 4 microcontroller. However, I'm facing difficulties when trying to intervene in the interrupt of the SMBusSlave_INT.c file because the default response in the interrupt at TX_EMPTY line is not correct with the function sent from the master. I have tried to intervene in the SMBusSlave_ISR_EXIT_CALLBACK function, but it didn't solve the problem. Has anyone worked with SMBus Psoc 4 before and can help me, please? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_Patrudu
25 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @Pham_Hung ,

It is challenging to find out the issue without having the firmware. However, I can provide some advice that may be helpful.

Please check the component datasheet and ensure the responses you send from the slave are correct. Since you want to review the implementation of the SMBusSlave_INT.c file, please ensure that it's configured correctly for your specific hardware and firmware requirements. Make sure that you have initialized the SMBusSlave component correctly.

Adding some debug statements to your code may be useful to know the issue. For example, you can print the values of the variables used in the interrupt handler to check the return values and check whether it passes the functions.

Kindly check these and let us know if you face any difficulties.

Best Regards,
Rakesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakesh_Patrudu
25 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @Pham_Hung ,

It is challenging to find out the issue without having the firmware. However, I can provide some advice that may be helpful.

Please check the component datasheet and ensure the responses you send from the slave are correct. Since you want to review the implementation of the SMBusSlave_INT.c file, please ensure that it's configured correctly for your specific hardware and firmware requirements. Make sure that you have initialized the SMBusSlave component correctly.

Adding some debug statements to your code may be useful to know the issue. For example, you can print the values of the variables used in the interrupt handler to check the return values and check whether it passes the functions.

Kindly check these and let us know if you face any difficulties.

Best Regards,
Rakesh

0 Likes