Running speed and cadence

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaBi_2763241
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello

taking as reference the example project for Running Speed and Cadence with PSoC 4 BLE, how would be in real scenario implemented in the hardware,

would the BLE mcu read voltage from a magnet sensor?

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The code example provided by Cypress are designed as code snippets that can be used into your real-time application.

Cypress does not recommend any hardware sensors that are to be interfaced to the MCU.

However, you could refer to the following links and choose any sensor of your interest and interface them.

RPM Measurement | Tachometers for Advanced Sensor Measurement

https://www.azosensors.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=11

If you use ADC, you will have to read the analog value and use ADCs inside the MCU to get the digital data.

However, if use I2C, you can directly read the digital data. You could use any method to get the digital data from the sensors.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

PSoC 4 BLE example project explains the BLE communication between the server and client. For more details, you could refer to PSoC4-MCU-BLE-Connectivity-Designs/BLE_Running_Speed_Cadence at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC...

Yes, you would have to update the BLE server data by interfacing it with physical sensors.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes

For speed and cadence would normally be ADC or I2C for the input to BLE mcu?

The example has not included external hardware, only simulation for the firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

The code example provided by Cypress are designed as code snippets that can be used into your real-time application.

Cypress does not recommend any hardware sensors that are to be interfaced to the MCU.

However, you could refer to the following links and choose any sensor of your interest and interface them.

RPM Measurement | Tachometers for Advanced Sensor Measurement

https://www.azosensors.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=11

If you use ADC, you will have to read the analog value and use ADCs inside the MCU to get the digital data.

However, if use I2C, you can directly read the digital data. You could use any method to get the digital data from the sensors.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

I see. Thank you.

Fausto

0 Likes