Regulatory testing, DTM without component in HCI mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScKi_1600301
Level 2
Level 2

I've seen the project "Integrated Test" that allows regulatory testing over HCI, 2-wire, MTK, and button press.  However, all of this assumes that the BLE component has been configured in HCI mode.  However, we need to perform regulatory testing with the rest of the product behaving normally.  Will the RegulatoryTest.c module work as expected if the BLE component is not configured for HCI?  If so, can I put the BLE back into "normal" operation by performing a stop, init, and start sequence?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The project in the KBA has the required components to have both a regulatory testing and normal mode operation co-exist.

The macros defined in ll_hal.c should work even when the BLE component is configured in normal mode.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

>>"Will the RegulatoryTest.c module work as expected if the BLE component is not configured for HCI?  If so, can I put the BLE back into "normal" operation by performing a stop, init, and start sequence?"

--> It is not recommended. This can be done, but you will have to modify the MACROS. When the HCI mode is selected in the top design, certain macros are set in the PDL. If you wish to switch between HCI mode project to Host +controller mode on the fly, you have to modify the PDL.

--> Can you please tell us what are the regulatory test APIs you have to change?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

I would prefer to keep the BLE component configured as necessary for the normal application.  I would like to be able to put the BLE into the following regulatory test modes:

typedef enum

{

DUT_IDLE,

DUT_RX_2402,

DUT_RX_2440,

DUT_RX_2480,

DUT_TX_2402,

DUT_TX_2440,

DUT_TX_2480,

DUT_TXC_2402,

DUT_TXC_2440,

DUT_TXC_2480,

DUT_TX_HOPPING

}DUTStates;

RegulatoryTest.c appears to use the functions in ll_hal.c.  Are the macros in ll_hal.c not defined if the component is not in HCI mode?

0 Likes

Also, how do I know if the regulatory tests are working?  What test equipment would I need?

0 Likes

Hello,

The project in the KBA has the required components to have both a regulatory testing and normal mode operation co-exist.

The macros defined in ll_hal.c should work even when the BLE component is configured in normal mode.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes