Raspberry Pi USB Cypress (CY8CKIT-049-42xx) conection problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bridzysta
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

i want to receive data on Raspberry Pi via UART from Cypress. Here's what I did. I connect RPi to power supply, then:

• pluged keyboard and mouse to RPi,
  • run lsusb on terminal - I saw a mouse and keyboard detected,
  • run ls /dev/tty* - I saw a list of UART devices (including keyboard and mouse),
  • pluged cypress to RPi (via USB),
  • run lsusb on terminal - I saw a mouse, keyboard and cypress detected,
  • run ls /dev/tty* - nothing changed to the previous log (do not detect the cypress).

What can be wrong? Maybe I need to change some config file or sth else?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @bridzysta,

Can you please test and confirm if the cypress device when connected to a PC system is detected or not? Please check for the USB devices in the device manager for this.

Also, besides this, you can go through the KBA here which provides troubleshooting steps for common issues that can occur in your USB designs based on PSoC 3, PSoC 4 L-series, and PSoC 5LP families. This encapsulates the USB enumeration issue as well. Please let us know in case of any further help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @bridzysta,

Can you please test and confirm if the cypress device when connected to a PC system is detected or not? Please check for the USB devices in the device manager for this.

Also, besides this, you can go through the KBA here which provides troubleshooting steps for common issues that can occur in your USB designs based on PSoC 3, PSoC 4 L-series, and PSoC 5LP families. This encapsulates the USB enumeration issue as well. Please let us know in case of any further help.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes