RTLS (Real-Time Location System) available on PRoC/PSoC BLE modules ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaPi_1367196
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

I am interested to use the PRoC module for indoor navigation system. I recently get to know about RTLS features which can help to build the BLE accurate localization system. Question if the PRoC or any BLE module from Cypress can support this feature and if yes if there is any manual how to implement it.

Thank you so much in advance

Jacek

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Functionally, a RTLS just uses signals from fixed/known device locations to determine current position through signal-strength and inference. This makes it feasible for any wireless signal, but makes it more difficult due to software being implement-able in a large number of ways.

Any cypress device with wireless or BLE functionality can be used to implement a RTLS. I have not seen any easy guides on writing an RTLS system using a specific signaling-medium however. Here is a well-defined description of RTLS if you require: https://openrtls.com/page/rtls

Generally: Setup alot of wireless devices to transmit unique information; Read that information on your mobile device; Calculate your position based on the information, signal strength, etc. Then scale the wireless devices to the size of the area you want to cover.

View solution in original post

5 Replies