Question regarding massproduction using BLE module.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi I want to start production of pcb's  with the CYBLE-222014-01 module.

Where can i buy the Company ID?, is it secure to use the Silicon Generated (Company assigned), i don't want doublets.

Is there a uniqe ID for each module, that i can read from the sw?

Is there a standard uart protocol that i can use for production use, want to readout bluetooth adress, write serial number etc.?

Is there any other qualification/license i need before im going the sell the product using the module?

Br

Esben

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

1. Please refer to this KBA Setting Bluetooth Device Address – KBA211407  for getting the Company_ID. For testing purposes, you can use the Cypress OUI (0x00A050). For production purposes, you have to get the OUI for your company. For Company_assigned part, either you can use silicon-generated company-assigned value or you can directly write a value into flash.
2. You can use the UART component available in the PSoC Creator for sending and receiving the commands.
3. CYBLE-222014-01 is fully certified and qualified module which supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.2 wireless communication. Please refer to the CYBLE-222014-01 family datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

1. Please refer to this KBA Setting Bluetooth Device Address – KBA211407  for getting the Company_ID. For testing purposes, you can use the Cypress OUI (0x00A050). For production purposes, you have to get the OUI for your company. For Company_assigned part, either you can use silicon-generated company-assigned value or you can directly write a value into flash.
2. You can use the UART component available in the PSoC Creator for sending and receiving the commands.
3. CYBLE-222014-01 is fully certified and qualified module which supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.2 wireless communication. Please refer to the CYBLE-222014-01 family datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi P Yugandhar

Thank you for your answer, I had allso read the Setting Bluetooth Device Address – KBA211407 , it refer to a site where i can get a Comapany ID https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/assigned-numbers/company-identifiers​, but this link is broken ?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to the below link for the Company Identifiers. We will update the same in the KBA.

Link: https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/company-identifiers/

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes