Psoc 4 pioneer voltage controlled oscillator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
smev_4172901
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted Welcome!

am trying to implement the voltage controlled oscillator example:-

http://www.cypress.com/%3FdocID%3D33522&ved=2ahUKEwiV7Oz6sqrkAhUGUR…

The problem:-

Psoc 4 is not straight forward configing the gpio pins following the above example.

Could someone please help with this ?

I found the following and I'm finding it difficult to follow:

http://www.cypress.com/comment/362321

How do I configure the following to implement the above example?

IDAC_1_Start();

for(;;)

{

/* Place your application code here. */

/* Connecting pin 1 to Amux bus where the 8 bit IDAC_1 is connected */

Pin_1_SetDriveMode(Pin_1_DM_ALG_HIZ);

CY_SET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM, (CY_GET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM) & ~(Pin_1__0__HSIOM_MASK)));

CY_SET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM, (CY_GET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM) | (0x06 << Pin_1__0__HSIOM_SHIFT)));

/* Delay for 1 second */

CyDelay(1000);

/* Removing Pin_1&apos;s connection from Amux bus and settin it to strong drive mode*/

Pin_1_SetDriveMode(Pin_1_DM_STRONG);

CY_SET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM, (CY_GET_REG32(Pin_1__0__HSIOM) & ~(Pin_1__0__HSIOM_MASK)));

/* Setting Pin_1 component to be operated by

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks guys,

The way to solve this problem was to go in to the pins settings and set the pins manually.

Drag the pins across to the pin layout on the IC wait for the router to respond with a yellow or green coloured box. Then you know it's ok to use the selected pins. Saves time with the autorouting that can be quite tedious.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The configuration is best done in the component's (Pin) configuration dialog. As the description of the VCO says, no other settings are required. So the body of the main loop is empty and the VCO is running in hardware only. Do not forget to set the IDAC to 100µA.

Bob

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Still will not route doing it using the method you recommend.

Have you tried implementing this tutorial?

Will not route the analogue pin.

It's a pain!

Thanks

0 Likes

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

How do I attach the zip file ?

Thanks

0 Likes

Click on file and then create Workspace bundle and the attach the file it creates  ito a new comment and click on Use advanced editor.

Thanks guys,

The way to solve this problem was to go in to the pins settings and set the pins manually.

Drag the pins across to the pin layout on the IC wait for the router to respond with a yellow or green coloured box. Then you know it's ok to use the selected pins. Saves time with the autorouting that can be quite tedious.

Thanks

0 Likes