Project 25 Sample Project OTA Firmware Upgrade - Unable to open Communication Port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to run the sample code from project 25, OTA firmware upgrade.

I followed all the steps as mentioned in the PDF but I am getting some errors.

I have attached the project file and also sent a snapshot of the Error in Bootloader Host Tool.

Kindly Help.

Thanks,

Shalin

PS: Change project extension to .7z

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShCh_1406391
Level 1
Level 1
0 Likes
6 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I can't read your zip file please resend it as a Zip. I tried this example some time ago and it worked with no issue's.

0 Likes
ShCh_1406391
Level 1
Level 1

PFA

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone help me with this?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What is the part number of your Dongle? If your dongle is the newer one you must program it with CYSMART not the Bootloader Host. Here is that information from Cypress.

Also please let me know which BLE dongle is the customer using? Can you ask the customer to test the OTA with Cysmart PC 1.2? Below are the steps to test it using CySmart PC:

-> Connect the BLE dongle and Open Cysmart.

-> Press the SW2 of device and enter into bootloader mode

-> Start scan in CySMart -> If the device name came in the list. Stop scan and place the cursor above the device name.

-> Click on the upgrade firmware button in the CySmart window. load the hex file and try OTA. Let me know it is failing or not.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same error and your solution work for me

http://www.cypress.com/forum/proc-ble/bleotafixedstackbootloaderbootloadable-problem#comment-343481

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!.. It worked for me

0 Likes