Programming of psoc-4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chmoc_1567941
Level 4
Level 4

i want to make program header for program my external project which is based on psoc-4.

i have a miniprog3.

till now i am using psoc-4 kit. so dont need header.

can you tell me which pins i have to connect miniprog3 to psoc-4(cy8c4245axi-483) for external programming.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

All five of the SWD pins should be connected:

VTARG, GND, XRES, SCLK, SDAT

​The specific pin-out will vary based on the package you pick, but here is the datasheet to find the pin-out for the different packages:

http://www.cypress.com/file/138656/download 

0 Likes
chmoc_1567941
Level 4
Level 4

hi e.pratt_1639216,

Thanks for Reply.

i can not open that file which you suggest me.

can you send me in attachment??

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you google the search terms "cy8c4245axi-483 datasheet", it should come up with the page hit: http://www.cypress.com/part/cy8c4245axi-483 

Which has links to the datasheets in English,Chinese, and Japanese I believe;

I will also attach the file here if I can

0 Likes
chmoc_1567941
Level 4
Level 4
        hi, i connect same 5 pin with miniprog3 to paoc-4 but i cant load the program to psoc-4. so i think there is something which i am doing wrong . i also check schematic of psoc-4 pioneer board. There is 4K7 resistor between vcc and xres. i also tried this still my program cant load in psoc-4. even miniprog3 cant auto verify my ic.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me which chip package you are using? (TQFP-44 pin, QFN, SSOP, TQFP-48 pin)

Do you have the chip powered through your PCB board? Or are you powering it using the miniprog3?

If powering it using the miniprog3, make sure your settings are correct.

Are you using the Psoc Creator to program? Or the Psoc Programmer? (The Psoc Programmer has a gui to make sure you setup the settings correectly)

0 Likes
chmoc_1567941
Level 4
Level 4

hi e.pratt_1639216,

i am using TQFP-44 pin package.

and i am powering it using miniprog3.

i tried with both psoc creator and psoc programmer.

can you give me right step and settings  for programming??

0 Likes