Problem using CapSense with PSoC4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Miglio1982
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi,

i'm developing an application with PSoC Creator using a PSoC4 device and i have to use 24 CapSense Buttons. When i place all the CapSense Buttons in the design i see that, for some pins i've decided to use, the related checkbox is not green but yellow for the CapSense functionality [see the attached image for more detail]. What does the yellow flag indicates exactly? Can i have some functional problems related to this yellow flag?

CapSense.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Miglio1982,

The pin you are trying to use may be dedicated to another peripheral. PSoC provides an option to re-route the pins to other peripherals through the analog fabric routing. 

The warning shouldn't cause any issue, and there should not be any functional problems.

But if you are trying to use the analog fabric for any other peripherals such as ADC in the future, then there might be a possibility of congestion in analog fabric routing.

Preferably, keep these pins as less as possible.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Miglio1982,

The pin you are trying to use may be dedicated to another peripheral. PSoC provides an option to re-route the pins to other peripherals through the analog fabric routing. 

The warning shouldn't cause any issue, and there should not be any functional problems.

But if you are trying to use the analog fabric for any other peripherals such as ADC in the future, then there might be a possibility of congestion in analog fabric routing.

Preferably, keep these pins as less as possible.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes