Power Antenna setups with CY8C4248

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkFu_2553776
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

Since with BLE PA module CYBLE-224110-00 is discontinued. I designed with CY8C4248 + PA(used same PA in CYBLE-224110-00).

But following PA LNA control code for CYBLE-224110-00 is not working.

/* define the test register to switch the PA/LNA hardware control pins */

#define CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL 0x40030008

/* Configure the Link Layer to automatically switch PA control pin P3[2] and LNA control pin P3[3] */

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG), 0x0331);

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL), 0x80000302);

How should I modify these numbers? At least I need where these values come from, which document should I refer?

Thanks,

Aki

15 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Copied from: Re: Configuring the Power Amplifier to different modes

The BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG register is used to DDFT mux. By writing 0x0331, we are bringing out the tx and rx enable lines so that they can be routed to external pins.

If you want to turn off the PA, dont change any values in these registers, instead change the CPS and CSD values, i.e. CSD_Write(0) and CPS_Write(0).

This link might be helpful:

How to Make Extended Range BLE Modules to Work as a Normal Module - KBA219463

0 Likes

Hi Ruzhe,

Is this number same as for CY8C4248 devices? Since this device is different silicon version from in the thread discussing about.

Also from signal strength, seems like the PA/LNA control is not working.

If possible I want to know where these numbers come from. May be DDFT mux registers info help to understand? Then where should I refer?

Thanks,

Aki.

0 Likes

Furuhira-san,

The register number is same as for CY8C4248 devices.

DDFT will be used as internally, so it is not disclosed in TRM.

Assume the module doesn't work but the project has been built successfully, is that correct?

If yes, please double-check hardware, especially pin mappings difference between 4248 and 214110 module. pin mappings must be kept consistent after the code ported to 4248.

0 Likes

Hi RuzheZ_36,

The project built successfully also other many functions are working fine.

Only Power Antenna Control is not working.

I referred CYBLE-224110-00 and copied same pin mapping, and circuit designs.

As far as I know the difference between module and CY8C4248, CYBLE-224110-00 project doesn't show up control pins on creator(Pin3_1,Pin3_2), may be hidden by module specific configuration.

But 4248 can customize "Pin3_2" for CTX and "Pin3_3" for CRX. I've put pin components on PSoC Creators schematic window. Then set these pins as String Drive. Is this correct ?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes

Furuhira-san,

Control output pins can be set as strong drive mode. The schematic could have some confidential info, please check your message box.

Best Regards

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi RuzheZ_36,

My schematic is reviewed by Cypress through distributor and seems like at least hardware connection to PA is Okay.

But still I can not see strong "RSSI" from my board.

I attached simple project deleted other than BLE portion from my original project, could you review this?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes

Furuhira-san,

We checked the project. All seems to be doing all right. There could be some minor issue somewhere. Can you please check the project posted and check if P3.2 and P3.3 toggles for transmit & receive respectively?

Best Regards

0 Likes

Hi RuzheZ_36,

RuzheZ_36

I attached P3.2(CTX),P3.3(CRX) signal.

CH1.Yellow line is CTX, CH2 Blue Line is CRX.

I don't know about correct CTX control signal but compare to CRX seems like  missing some control signal.

Connection interval is currently 8.75ms.

DS4_QuickPrint8.png

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes

Furuhira-san,

If slave misses master’s anchor point (does not sync on master’s TX), then it will not transmit and we see some yellow events (slaveTX) missing from the scope shot. It looks like the device failed to receive some packets from master, which resulted in the slave not responding back to the master (so missing TX)

Best Regards

0 Likes

Hi RuzheZ_36

<https://community.cypress.com/people/RuzheZ_36?et=watches.email.thread>,

So you mean this is normal behavior?

Thanks,

Aki

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, 5:40 PM RuzheZ_36 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes

Furuhira-san,

Some times, a break in the return path of the RF signal can cause a high loss, which could result in poor RSSI.

Can you share the layout of BLE part with us to review?

0 Likes

Hi RuzheZ_36,

We need to go production soon. Could you review schematic for electrically PA work.

Can I send you schematic through e-mail?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes
AkFu_2553776
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

I need DDFT mux settings for CY8C4248 silicon...

0 Likes

Can anybody help me?

0 Likes