Please recommend an Automotive quality MCU part for a replacement for step motor app.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins
Hello

My team and I are looking for a Cypress Automotive MCU part for the following applications.

Our client is considering to replace a MLX81315 Melexis with a Cypress MCU part.
( MLX81315 details :  https://www.melexis.com/en/product/mlx81310-mlx81315/smart-lin-driver )

hoop4g_0-1627886997881.png

There are available candidates listed on the left side block of the diagram above,
but I am here to ask for the best advice on the automotive quality Cypress MCU for the job.

The MCU part, that we seek, shall
-have the automotive quality.
- be used for the step motor starter app for "active grille shutters" (for aerodynamic car design).
- be used along with the LIN step motor gate driver from Infineon (see the blocks above).
- support LIN+SPI communication protocol ( MCU LIN works in Slave mode. target MCU will work as LIN slave )
- have a similar or smaller packaging size due to PCB area
(S9S08SL8F1MTJ (TSSOP-20) /  ATSAMHA1E15A-B(32-pin QFN)).
- have a relatively good delivery date in terms of logistics.   

If you could suggest us the Cypress automotive part for the MCU part of the block, that would be really appreciated.

P.S. 
I have received PSoC4 4100 series as a recommendation (not a specific part number) in the previous posts
and looked up product lineups on PSoC 4100s and 4100PSs, but those series did not have the Automotive quality parts.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Ben,

The links which I gave in my last response was Automotive (AEC-Q100) qualified parts. They are for- PSoC 4100S and PSoC4100S-Plus family which has the LIN Slave, and existing code example on stepper motor (which I referred in previous reply) can be modified to support this device (and the PSoC 4100 and PSoC4100PS which you referred is little different, so I am not referring these, as you said you need auto-qualified parts).

For PSoC4100S- There are two packages available as per datasheet: 28-SSOP and 40-QFN.

For PSoC4100S-Plus - There are three packages available as per datasheet: 40-QFN, 64-QFN, and 64-TQFP.

Refer "Ordering Information" section in datasheet for all the parts in the family.

Thanks,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies