Please recommend a suitable Cypress Automotive MCU part for a replacement for step motor app.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

My team and I are looking for a suitable Cypress Automotive MCU part for the following applications and features needed.

hoop4g_1-1626836258280.png

One of my clients is considering to replace a MLX81315 Melexis with a Cypress MCU part.
Smart LIN driver IC for DC, stepper, BLDC motors (MLX81310/15) #Melexis

There are available candidates listed on the left side block of the diagram above,
but I am here to ask for advice if there is any automotive quality Cypress MCU part suggestion adequate for the job.

The MCU part, that we seek, shall
-have the automotive quality.
- be used for the step motor starter application for "active grille shutters" (which help the vehicle's aerodynamic design).
- be used along with the LIN step motor gate driver from Infineon (see the blocks above).
- support LIN+SPI communication protocol
- have an equal or smaller packaging size with the products listed above preferably due to PCB size.
(S9S08SL8F1MTJ (TSSOP-20) /  ATSAMHA1E15A-B(32-pin QFN) )
- have a relatively good delivery date in terms of logistics.   

If you could suggest us the Cypress automotive part that fits the MCU part of the block, that would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi 

One of the recommended part for this will be CY8C4147LQA-S463. Also, I have attached the datasheet for the PSoC 4100S plus device family. You can select the part number as per the memory, temperature tolerance, resources required for the application here.

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ronak

Hello sir,

I see your description does not mention in which mode will the LIN in MCU be working. Will the MCU LIN work in Slave mode or Master mode? Is MLX81315 Melexis working as LIN Slave?

Regards,

Ronak

0 Likes
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET

Hello Ronak,

MCU LIN works in Slave mode. MLX81315 works as LIN slave.

Thank you for checking and your considerations.

Sincerely,

Ben

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi Ben,

I am still not clear about your answer. From your reply, are both the devices working in LIN Slave mode? My question is because I would recommend you to use an Automotive PSoC 4 which has support for a LIN slave. If that suits your application.

Regards,
Ronak

0 Likes
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET

The Cypress MCU we are looking shall work as LIN Slave.
I am having a hard time picking a specific part that suits.
Please do me a favor and pick a specific automotive PSoC4 part number for the job.
Thank you for your reply Ronak and going extra mile for the help.

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi 

One of the recommended part for this will be CY8C4147LQA-S463. Also, I have attached the datasheet for the PSoC 4100S plus device family. You can select the part number as per the memory, temperature tolerance, resources required for the application here.

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes