Please recommend a suitable Cypress Automotive MCU part for a replacement for step motor app.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

My team and I are looking for a suitable Cypress Automotive MCU part for the following applications and features needed.

hoop4g_1-1626836258280.png

One of my clients is considering to replace a MLX81315 Melexis with a Cypress MCU part.
( MLX81315 details :  https://www.melexis.com/en/product/mlx81310-mlx81315/smart-lin-driver )

There are available candidates listed on the left side block of the diagram above,
but I am here to ask for advice if there is any automotive quality Cypress MCU part suggestion adequate for the job.

The MCU part, that we seek, shall
-have the automotive quality.
- be used for the step motor starter application for "active grille shutters" (which help the vehicle's aerodynamic design).
- be used along with the LIN step motor gate driver from Infineon (see the blocks above).
- support LIN+SPI communication protocol ( MCU LIN works in Slave mode. target MCU will work as LIN slave )
- have an equal or smaller packaging size with the products listed above preferably due to PCB size.
(S9S08SL8F1MTJ (TSSOP-20) /  ATSAMHA1E15A-B(32-pin QFN) )
- have a relatively good delivery date in terms of logistics.   

If you could suggest us the Cypress automotive part that fits the MCU part of the block, that would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Swathi
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello,

Please contact local sales office for the recommendation regarding this query.

Link: https://www.cypress.com/about-us/sales-offices

Let us know if there are any updates.

Best regards,

Swathi

0 Likes
benkim
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor - AVNET
First like received 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hello Swathi,

Thank you for checking in here. We have asked the local office here and asking here in the community as well for more options for the solutions.

Thank you for your further considerations and help.

Sincerely,

Ben

0 Likes