Pin assignment CY8C4024LQI-S411, Cmod, EZI2C?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

where can I configure Cmod, if it is used by EZI2C (CSD[0].shield_pad)?

I am not sure if I can change EZI2C Interface to SCB[1], because on the Evalkit(4045) it looks for me that the EZI2C is only working with SCB[0]:

pastedImage_0.png

thank you

EDIT: If I do auto-assign, it assign Cmod to P4[3] = CSD[0].csh

what's the difference CSD[0].csh to CSD[0].shield_pad ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

EzI2C can be configured in SCB blocks 0 and 1. Just ensure that USB-I2C bridge is available to communicate with PC (Assuming you use tuner GUI)

in Eval kit, I assume you are using Kit-prog as USB-I2C bridge. This may be the reason you are using SCB0 block for EzI2C.

Regarding Cmod connections for various PSoC devices, refer to page 113 of http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

Thanks,
Shanmathi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

EzI2C can be configured in SCB blocks 0 and 1. Just ensure that USB-I2C bridge is available to communicate with PC (Assuming you use tuner GUI)

in Eval kit, I assume you are using Kit-prog as USB-I2C bridge. This may be the reason you are using SCB0 block for EzI2C.

Regarding Cmod connections for various PSoC devices, refer to page 113 of http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found follow in the document, regarding CMOD:

pastedImage_0.png

but the difference P4[3] CSD[0].csh to P4[1] CSD[0].shield_pad  is not explained?

0 Likes

Hi Pierre,

There is no difference between the three pins (P4[1], P4[2], P4[3]).

Cmod can be connected to any one of the 3 pins.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no difference between the three pins (P4[1], P4[2], P4[3]).

Cmod can be connected to any one of the 3 pins.

ok. good, but even I'm wondering why the names are different?? see attached image:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

does nobody knows above reason about the ending-names (...cmod, ...csh, ...shield_pad)?

0 Likes

Hi Pierre,

The naming is with respect to the pads in CapSense IP.

I think that there is no worry regarding the names. You could very well use either of the three pins to connect Cmod.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes