PSoc 4 - Exposing the SDCARD as a USB Storage device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gabi_barcan
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

We're working on a project that is using the CY8C4248BZI-L489 and we have wired the SDCARD and the USB.

We were wondering if it is possible to expose the SDCARD as an USB storage to a PC that connects a USB cable to the board.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @gabi_barcan 

As per my understanding, you are trying to configure the PSoC 4 as a USB Mass storage device and have the following setup:

PC <----> PSoC 4L<------> SD Card

Kindly correct me if my understanding is not correct. It is possible to configure the USB as a mass storage device (MSC) and conform to it as a slave device. 

The USBFS datasheet mentions how to configure the USB mass storage descriptor: https://www.cypress.com/file/376416/download (Refer page 104)

If you could provide more details regarding your application and the issues you are facing I would be able to help in a better way.

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @gabi_barcan 

As per my understanding, you are trying to configure the PSoC 4 as a USB Mass storage device and have the following setup:

PC <----> PSoC 4L<------> SD Card

Kindly correct me if my understanding is not correct. It is possible to configure the USB as a mass storage device (MSC) and conform to it as a slave device. 

The USBFS datasheet mentions how to configure the USB mass storage descriptor: https://www.cypress.com/file/376416/download (Refer page 104)

If you could provide more details regarding your application and the issues you are facing I would be able to help in a better way.

Best Regards

Ekta