cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC™ 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm using a '042-BLE' kit here and it's working fine. But I can't get a timer interrupt to work. Here is the main code:

* ========================================
*/
#include <project.h>

uint16 ms_count = 0;

CY_ISR(MY_ISR)
    {
    ms_count++;

if(ms_count == 1000)
        {               // 1 second
        LED_2_Write(!LED_2_Read()); // Toggle LED
        ms_count = 0; // reset ms counter
        }
    }

int main()
{
    Timer_Start(); // Configure and enable timer
    Timer_ISR_StartEx(MY_ISR); // Point to MY_ISR to carry out the interrupt sub-routine
    CyGlobalIntEnable; // Enable global interrupts

for(;;)
    {
        // Infinite loop for timer/interrupt to keep executing
    }
}

The pin output is square running at 900us, not 1 second I had hoped for. Changing the clock frequency makes no difference.

This is going to be such a silly problem, I'm already embarrassed, but I've at this for some time and I can't see what is wrong.

Project is  attached.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Honored Contributor II

Willam Here is an example of the timer program it is running some where close to once a sec however I have not scoped it. It is also using a CY8C4247LQI-BLE-483  . It has a great example of the interrupt and clearing of it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

You need to clear the interrupt cause of the timer component. Depending on the timer base (UDB or TCPWM) there are different APIs.

There is a Timer_ClearInterrupt() or a Timer_ReadStatus(), check datasheet of your component.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am interfacing an ble to one led , i want to set blink the led for 1sec,it's blinking.but after 1 minute led stops working and pwm also starts working...

Even if i make my code to blink led for 1 minute ,the led blinking for 1 sec only.

please help me to resolve the issue

find the attachment

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Honored Contributor II

Willam Here is an example of the timer program it is running some where close to once a sec however I have not scoped it. It is also using a CY8C4247LQI-BLE-483  . It has a great example of the interrupt and clearing of it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

ip cloclk timeperiod x prescaler x period =required delay

is this one is applicable in  psoc4 ble

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand your question correctly, yes. You just change the device to PSoC 4 BLE for the project

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks guys, I added Timer_ClearInterrupt but still didn't work, but the example worked perfectly. Looked at my code a bit longer and threw it away and used the example. Excellent!

0 Likes