Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

MaMi_1205306
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

Dear Sirs and Madams,

(1) When NMIPENDSET is set,
Specify the process in the vector table.

(2) When the time of system call,
The NMI handler code on ROM is executed.
At this time, the code is used for the operation of the non-volatile program and cannot be accessed by the user.

Is the above recognition correct?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi @MaMi_1205306

(1) Yes, setting the NMIPENDSET bit in software will trigger an NMI exception which will, in turn, execute the NMI handler.

(2) I believe in this case you are referring to the System Call NMI exception. Please correct me if I am wrong. Yes, this exception is used for non-volatile programming operations like flash write. When this is triggered the NMI handler code in the SROM will be executed which cannot be accessed by the user.  

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi @MaMi_1205306

(1) Yes, setting the NMIPENDSET bit in software will trigger an NMI exception which will, in turn, execute the NMI handler.

(2) I believe in this case you are referring to the System Call NMI exception. Please correct me if I am wrong. Yes, this exception is used for non-volatile programming operations like flash write. When this is triggered the NMI handler code in the SROM will be executed which cannot be accessed by the user.  

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MaMi_1205306
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 50 solutions authored 25 likes received

Rakshith M B -san,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

As you might think, it's a System Call NMI exception.

Regards,

0 Likes