Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

MaMi_1205306
Level 6
50 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins
Level 6

Dear Sirs and Madams,

We are considering LIN communication for PSoC4S MAX.

Since ModusToolbox 2.4 doesn't have a LIN sample project, I found the following sample project on GitHub.

mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave project URL

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave

We understand that this sample project is written for CY8CKIT-041-41XX.

When I make "import applications" this project downloaded from Github with ModusToolbox 2.4,  the "Tool" items such as "Device Configurator" are not displayed .

MaMi_1205306_0-1657598160456.png

What modifications are needed to take advantage of this project and make it available on PSoC4S MAX?

Is it possible to provide a LIN sample project that runs on PSoC4S MAX?

We have tried various things with reference to main.c of this LIN sample project, but it is not working well.

I have a question regarding the following, which is declared on line 151 of main.c.

mtb_stc_lin_context_t lin_context;

Does this structure do not need to be populated with initial values before reference?

I understand that the following in main () is related to LIN initialization.

(a) line 272 : l_sys_init ()
    (b) line 281 : l_ifc_init ()

l_ifc_init () → cyhal_uart_init () → _cyhal_uart_setup_resources ()

This sequence of actions will not be processed properly and an exception will be raised.

Specifically, the return value of _cyhal_uart_setup_resources () is CYHAL_UART_RSLT_ERR_INVALID_PIN (0x4021e00). (cyhal_uart.c return on line 381)

Is there a shortage of generated sources?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_Raj
Moderator 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi @MaMi_1205306 ,

I tried cloning the code-example from the link which you have mentioned here : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave . I tried following the below steps -

1. Using modus-shell, perform "make getlibs" and then "make eclipse" one after the one in the 'mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave' folder which you have cloned  as CE. This process will take few minutes.

2. Open "Eclipse IDE for Modus Toolbox 2.4" and create a workspace.

3. Go to File -> Open Projects from File System -> Browse to your CE folder -> Open.

4. Click on the project in the workspace.
5.  Click on "Refresh Quick Panel".

And below as the image shows, all the configurators appear under the tools section-

Aashita_Raj_0-1657647427822.png

Please follow the above steps and let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aashita_Raj
Moderator 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi @MaMi_1205306 ,

I tried cloning the code-example from the link which you have mentioned here : https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave . I tried following the below steps -

1. Using modus-shell, perform "make getlibs" and then "make eclipse" one after the one in the 'mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave' folder which you have cloned  as CE. This process will take few minutes.

2. Open "Eclipse IDE for Modus Toolbox 2.4" and create a workspace.

3. Go to File -> Open Projects from File System -> Browse to your CE folder -> Open.

4. Click on the project in the workspace.
5.  Click on "Refresh Quick Panel".

And below as the image shows, all the configurators appear under the tools section-

Aashita_Raj_0-1657647427822.png

Please follow the above steps and let us know in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita