PSoC4S : How to handle the CapSense guard sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dear Sirs and Madams,

We are looking at configuring CapSense using PSoC4S.

I'm thinking of using a guard sensor so that it doesn't react to water. Do you have any sample code with ModusToolbox?

We have never used the guard sensor, but would like to know the best way to disable only a specific electrode when the guard sensor responds.

Unlike PSoC Creator, I think that ModusToolbox has less explanation of APIs that are suitable for CapSense.

MaMi_1205306_0-1674469878296.png

Is it documented anywhere other than the CAT2 Peripheral Driver Library?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Arpit_S
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @MiNe_85951-San,

I am facing difficulty in uploading the project. I'll share with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, Please find attached design.cycapsense, design.modus and main.c file.

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for your reply.

However, It can't be imported into ModusToolbox 3.0, and CapSense is GEN5 unlike GEN4, so it's not very helpful.

MaMi_1205306_0-1674798980183.png

Also, the "CY8CKIT-040T" has not been released yet and we have no information.

I understood that CapSense is provided as middleware.

https://infineon.github.io/capsense/capsense_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__capsense__low__...

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @MiNe_85951 -San,

I created a project in ModusToolbox 2.4 for Guard Sensor. I created this project for PSoC 4100S MAX kit (MSCv3) and I have used CY8CKIT-041S-MAX CAPACITIVE SENSING EXPANSION BOARD with some re-work. Please refer to the README.md for more details. Please find attached project for your reference. This project could be used as a reference for implementing Guard Sensor on other kits.

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Arpit_S

Hi @MiNe_85951-San,

I am facing difficulty in uploading the project. I'll share with you as soon as possible. In the meantime, Please find attached design.cycapsense, design.modus and main.c file.

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Arpit-san,

We know how to enable only the guard sensor and stop scanning the other sensors.

I didn't think it was necessary to configure the state machine, so the method of using the guard sensor with a simple configuration was helpful.

Regards,