PSoC4100S ILO Trim

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First like given First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hello,

The Arch TRM explains the following in "9. Clocking System".

- 24–48 MHz internal main oscillator (IMO) with ±2 percent accuracy across all frequencies with trim

- 40-kHz internal low-speed oscillator (ILO) with ±60 percent accuracy with trim

Does the user need to process something for ILO trim?

For IMO trim, I understand that the flow in "Figure 9-2. Change IMO Frequency" is processed in PSoC Creator generated source before entering the main function.

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @KaKo_4074056 

By default, the accuracy of ILO  varies between +/- 40 percent to +/- 60 percent as mentioned in the PSoC 4100S datasheet without any process by the user. 

Ekta_0-1628660561941.png

Further, if the user wants he can improve the accuracy of ILO to +/- 10 percent by calibrating it against the IMO when in operation.

Could you please let me know where are you using ILO in your project and what is the accuracy requirement in that case?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @KaKo_4074056 

By default, the accuracy of ILO  varies between +/- 40 percent to +/- 60 percent as mentioned in the PSoC 4100S datasheet without any process by the user. 

Ekta_0-1628660561941.png

Further, if the user wants he can improve the accuracy of ILO to +/- 10 percent by calibrating it against the IMO when in operation.

Could you please let me know where are you using ILO in your project and what is the accuracy requirement in that case?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First like given First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi Ekta,

Your answer was helpful. What I'd like to know is just whether or not processing for trim is required to keep the accuracy of SID236.

Best regards

0 Likes