PSoC4000S: SWD disabled - How to recover connection for reprogramming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EmJay
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

Hello, i accidently dissabled the SWD-Pins on PSoC4000S (Cy8C4024LQI-S412) Device by clearing HSIOM-Register HSIOM_PORT_SEL3 to 0x0000'0000. This Register normally connects Pins P3.2 and P3.3 to  internal signals cpuss.swd_data/cpuss.swd_clk  (HSIOM_PORT_SEL3 = 0x0000'ee00). Furthermore the DriveMode was also
cleared in GPIO-Port3 (GPIO_PRT3_PC = 0x0000'0000).

Now i can't access the device to reprogram it.  I will not belief that the device ist lost (demaged) now.

Is there any posibility to regain access to the device ?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I disable SWD function to use GPIO's all the time on PSoC 4.

Toggle XRES with your programmer and access to SWD is restored (provided the programmer is Miniprog3/4 or Kitprog).

Having said that, if you "Locked" the chip, with the highest security level, then you can't re-program it.

If you use Miniprog3/4, from PSoC Programmer, and you are sourcing power from Miniprog to PSoC, you can also try to toggle Power (big BLUE circle on PSoC Programmer display window) and then try to download.

It would help to have more details of your hardware setup.
A picture of PSoC Programmer window with error message would also help (if that's what you're using).

If the programming interface does not have access to XRES (which it should), then a Power Cycle can also restore access to SWD.  See article here:
Solution: Use Kitprog to Program PSoC 4000 without... - Infineon Developer Community

Miniprog3/4 also provide a Power-Cycle method from PSoC Programmer screen.  Kitprog does not have this functionality unless you build the circuit from above web link.

So, perform a Power Cycle and see if that helps.

Let us know what you discover.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I disable SWD function to use GPIO's all the time on PSoC 4.

Toggle XRES with your programmer and access to SWD is restored (provided the programmer is Miniprog3/4 or Kitprog).

Having said that, if you "Locked" the chip, with the highest security level, then you can't re-program it.

If you use Miniprog3/4, from PSoC Programmer, and you are sourcing power from Miniprog to PSoC, you can also try to toggle Power (big BLUE circle on PSoC Programmer display window) and then try to download.

It would help to have more details of your hardware setup.
A picture of PSoC Programmer window with error message would also help (if that's what you're using).

If the programming interface does not have access to XRES (which it should), then a Power Cycle can also restore access to SWD.  See article here:
Solution: Use Kitprog to Program PSoC 4000 without... - Infineon Developer Community

Miniprog3/4 also provide a Power-Cycle method from PSoC Programmer screen.  Kitprog does not have this functionality unless you build the circuit from above web link.

So, perform a Power Cycle and see if that helps.

Let us know what you discover.

Hello,

Thank you very much !!! -> I works as explained with Miniprog3.

In PSoC Programmer i could access the device by doing the Power-Cycle (Blue Button) and then 'Earse All Flash'.

The most important Information, was to use Miniprog3.

Usually i use J-Link debugger probe which won't work. Then i tried Kitprog3 - won't work.
After that i gave up.

But Miniprog3 is the solution !

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Good to hear you were successful.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes