PSoC4 multiple modes in single SCB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlDS_4485821
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

In the PSoC4 SCB manual I find a particular statment

psoc_scb.png

Would this mean that 2 communication modes can be enabled simultaneously on a single SCB?

I mean is it possible to enable I2C and SPI on a single SCB block? If so, how would the pins be configured for the same?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

1) Yes at particular time only one mode can be active.

2)" I mean If I want to use I2C and SPI on a single SCB, I would have to first configure as I2C use it then stop it and then configure the SCB as SPI use it etc" - YES.

3) "Is it possible to use the SCB with 2 modes at the same time, simultaneous?" - NO

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Yes,one SCB can be configured two different interface, by it needs to be configured in different time.

You can open the SCB datasheet, can refer to it from page 4, 7,8,9.

0 Likes

By different time, do you mean at any time only one mode can be active?

I mean If I want to use I2C and SPI on a single SCB, I would have to first configure as I2C use it then stop it and then configure the SCB as SPI use it etc.

Is it possible to use the SCB with 2 modes at the same time, simultaneous?

0 Likes

Hi,

1) Yes at particular time only one mode can be active.

2)" I mean If I want to use I2C and SPI on a single SCB, I would have to first configure as I2C use it then stop it and then configure the SCB as SPI use it etc" - YES.

3) "Is it possible to use the SCB with 2 modes at the same time, simultaneous?" - NO

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes