PSoC4 iBeacon & Eddystone Beacon

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JiSi_2146306
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

I want to create simultaneous iBeacon & Eddystone Beacon using PSoC4.

The plan is the dynamically update Advertisement data after every advertisement period in my case it is 150ms.

Took reference from Dynamic broadcaster project and I am able to achieve it. Attaching the source for it.

But I need it to be as power efficient as possible. What should be the best approach to do it?

One option is to after advertisement is finished I update the Advertisement packet and put system in deep sleep. Then again wake up and repeat after each advertisement.

Is there any reference code available to do so?

How do I periodically wake up the controller from standby and go back to sleep? Using some timer or are there any events generated by BLE stack that I can use?

I am expecting no substantial increase in current compared to regular advertisement and CPU in deep sleep.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Jitendra,

The application specific code for achieving the lowest possible power consumption for BLE applications is already implemented in this project.

However, there are some few other options which could be used to decrease the power consumption further for PSoC 4 devices. Please refer the below application note ,section "Power Reduction Techniques" for details.

http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Can you make sure on your side the advertising packet is updated only once during a intact advertising interval?

what's the current power consumption compared with the regular advertisement without updating packets?

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Jitendra,

The application specific code for achieving the lowest possible power consumption for BLE applications is already implemented in this project.

However, there are some few other options which could be used to decrease the power consumption further for PSoC 4 devices. Please refer the below application note ,section "Power Reduction Techniques" for details.

http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download

-Gyan

0 Likes