PSoC4 baseboard and kig-prog test pin voltage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chjec_4078761
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm working on a project with CY8CKIT-042-BLE and CYBLE-022001-PROG.

I did my project many times, but recently the module does not recognise the chip in side the prog.

I tried to figure the problem but I could not find any good solution for me.

One thing strange is that the chip's operating voltage is 3.3V, so I connect the system power jumper of the baseboard to 3.3V.

(I also checked the XRES pin and check it works well.)

But when I connect the module and measure the voltage output of the module with the test pin, it comes out about 1.67V.

And the PSoC Creator 4.2 does not recognise the chip.

So I change the jumper to supply 5V, and the test pin becomes about 2.2V.

Then PSoC Creator 4.2 recognize the chip, but it failed to program the chip with the Error message like

100 - FAILED! EraseAll operation failed

Is there anyone knows what the problem is? And also is the VDD pin value right??

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

You should observe the voltage set by the jumper settings of the baseboard on the VDD of the module. Also, ensure you have jumper J15 connected.

I don't know if VDD is the test pin you are talking about, but if VDD is seeing a vastly different voltage than the one set by the jumper, then I'm afraid you might have burnt the chip. If not, then please refer to the trouble shooting guide to solve the programming issue: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

You should observe the voltage set by the jumper settings of the baseboard on the VDD of the module. Also, ensure you have jumper J15 connected.

I don't know if VDD is the test pin you are talking about, but if VDD is seeing a vastly different voltage than the one set by the jumper, then I'm afraid you might have burnt the chip. If not, then please refer to the trouble shooting guide to solve the programming issue: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes