PSoC4 and RF communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I have been working on a project using PSoC4 and RF modules NTX0 and NRX0 (27Mhz), I have to send a data byte and receive it at the receiver.

I am attaching my project, please have a look and let me know how to;

1.Set the RSSI according to the threshold using ADC

2.Show the communication using Putty?

Thank you,

Arshiya Tabassum

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Your project is not attached correctly.  Right Click on the project name-> Archive workspace -> Attached the zipped files again.

1) RSSI is the RECEIVED Signal Strength Indicator , the signal strength varies based on the output TX power set by you.

2)  Yes , you can use a UART SCB component in your project to send the data to serial terminal. Also you  need an external UART-USB converter. If you are working on PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit , the on board kitprog will do the UART-USB conversion. If you are working on your custom board with only PSoC chip , you have to use a external UART- USB converter ( KitProg, FTDI etc).

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

Your project is not attached correctly.  Right Click on the project name-> Archive workspace -> Attached the zipped files again.

1) RSSI is the RECEIVED Signal Strength Indicator , the signal strength varies based on the output TX power set by you.

2)  Yes , you can use a UART SCB component in your project to send the data to serial terminal. Also you  need an external UART-USB converter. If you are working on PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit , the on board kitprog will do the UART-USB conversion. If you are working on your custom board with only PSoC chip , you have to use a external UART- USB converter ( KitProg, FTDI etc).

-Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Potentially, you can setup an RS cable to receive the UART and spit it to the PC, but that will take about as much work as a UART-USB converter setup.

0 Likes