PSoC4 : What is the "Sensor initialization time" in AN85951

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Please tell us about the "Sensor Initialization time" described in application note AN85951.

MaMi_1205306_0-1645514867912.png

I've confirm for the above description, however how do you calculate this time?

Do you know the approximate time?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @MiNe_85951 

Before a CapSense scan, the hardware parameters configured for the sensor must be set. These include setting the right Modulator Clock divider (since this can change if we are going from a CSD to CSX scan), Sense clock divider as set in the component, IDAC registers, and the general HSIOM and CapSense registers needed for connecting the required sensor to the CapSense block. 

This is dependent mostly on the CPU speed and the number and type of sensors that are configured. You can determine this time practically by setting a GPIO before calling the CapSense_SetupWidget API and clearing it after to measure the time. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @MiNe_85951 

Before a CapSense scan, the hardware parameters configured for the sensor must be set. These include setting the right Modulator Clock divider (since this can change if we are going from a CSD to CSX scan), Sense clock divider as set in the component, IDAC registers, and the general HSIOM and CapSense registers needed for connecting the required sensor to the CapSense block. 

This is dependent mostly on the CPU speed and the number and type of sensors that are configured. You can determine this time practically by setting a GPIO before calling the CapSense_SetupWidget API and clearing it after to measure the time. 

Best regards, 
Hari

MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hari-san,

I appreciate you answering my questions.

I understand that it is the processing time of the CapSense_SetupWidget  API.

In that case, as you said, it is difficult to calculate by calculation, so I agree with the method of actually measuring the time.

Regards,

0 Likes